Greater Lawrence Rowing standouts Maddy Coady and Grace Bentley today signed National Letters of Intent, committing to top Division 1 universities for the Fall of 2016.
Haverhill High School senior Maddy Coady, captain of the GLR girls varsity team and 5th year rower, has committed to the University of Notre Dame, and will be rowing with the Fighting Irish. “I chose to attend the University of Notre Dame for both the incredible balance of academic and athletic excellence and the pride within the Fighting Irish community,” said Coady on why she chose Notre Dame.
Maddy’s rowing accomplishments include:
- Competed in 2015 USRowing Youth National Championships, in Sarasota FL
- Received Honorable Mention on the 2015-2016 USRowing Scholastic Honor Roll
- Selected for 2014 USRowing Junior B Sculling/Small Boat Camp
Andover High School senior Grace Bentley, a 4th year rower, has committed to the University of Virginia, and will be rowing with the Cavaliers. Bentley says that the overall student pride and friendly environment of the team really appealed to her. She also added, “I chose the University of Virginia because of its balance of challenging academics and athletics. I believe that it is important to be able to succeed in both aspects of my life and I felt that I could do so at UVA.”
Grace’s rowing accomplishments include:
- Competed in 2015 USRowing Youth National Championships, in Sarasota, FL
- Selected for 2015 USRowing Junior World Development Team
- Placed 10th at the 2015 World Indoor Rowing Championships in the Junior Women’s category